Friday, July 13, 2007

Gotcha!

Ha! I finally got some good (if I do say so myself) baby bluebird photos! Came home tonight and Mr. Blue and a baby were sitting on the feeding station. I had to do a double take, because I thought I saw Mr. Blue tapping his foot impatiently waiting, as if to say, "Where have you been? The babies are starving and they're driving me crazy."

Hubby, quick went and got the worms and headed outside, while I got the window open and my camera set. The birds all flew up into the oak tree. The whole family was there, mama, daddy, and the bunch of babies. After the mealworms were deposited in the dish, the parents and one baby flew back down. The funny part is, that every time the mama or daddy scooped up some worms, he would open up his mouth for them. He got the first few servings, but then mama and daddy flew up into the trees to feed the other babies. That didn't stop him from begging for more.


"Feed me mama!" (baby is on left, Mrs. Blue on right) Image can be clicked for a larger view.


"I'm hungry daddy!" (baby is on left, Mr. Blue on right) Image can be clicked for a larger view.


Doesn't every family have an attention hound?

No comments: