Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rainbows

Raise your hand if you've ever seen a rainbow. I haven't seen many. To tell you the truth I don't really remember seeing them until recent years. Seems since I met my hubby, I've seen a lot more rainbows. I mean the real kind, that are up there in the sky. Sure, I can make my own rainbow any sunny day with a garden hose. But I'm talking about the magical visions that conjure fairy tales. Maybe the reason I see them more now, is that I believe I'll see a rainbow... if I look for it. Whenever there's a sun shower, I go out and look for the sun, turn my back to it and scan the sky for a rainbow.

July 1, I think I saw the best rainbow ever. It was early evening and there was a thunderstorm. We've been having a lot of those around here lately. Hubby and I went out to pick up some take out for dinner. Then, there it was a rainbow. Hungry as I was, I wanted that picture more than dinner. I said aloud, "I wish I had my camera. I want to go up to the golf course and photograph that rainbow." With that, Hubby turned the car around, brought me home, where I ran into the house and grabbed my camera. We rushed up to the course. I hopped out of the car and started shooting away. Below is the resulting shot. If you look carefully, there is a faint second rainbow to the left of the predominant one.

July 1 a late day thunderstorm brought us a rainbow.


This bowl of veggies is colorful, even if not quite a rainbow. Things have been a bit delayed this year. We had a cold May and too much rain (and clouds that go with it) in June. Finally, finally July is giving us some sunny weather. Maybe that July 1st rainbow was a omen of good things to come.

Today I picked a couple handfuls of Dragon Tongue snap beans, Red Swan snap beans, a yellow zucchini, 2 Sungold tomatoes (2nd & 3rd to ripen so far!), and one baby Fooled You Jalapeno pepper.


A couple days ago I picked this pair of Cue Ball zucchinis. Aren't they cute? They look like little mint green pumpkins to me.



Peas and carrots on July 8th. These went into a salad and it was delicious.




A baby eggplant forming. It won't be long now. All we need is some tomatoes!

No comments: